Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A BLOGGER TALE|| ON DISCOVERING PANCAKE HUB


Hey Lovelies!

How was your Easter break?
 How did you spend your holiday?
Is it just me or was it a rather short holiday?

Been a while since I put up a Blogger tale post, right? Blame it on my non-existent social life. 

I'm no social butterfly, don't let social media deceive you *lol*.
If I've to describe myself I probably say I'm more JOMO than FOMO.
However, I tend to snap at the little opportunities where I get to step out of my comfort zone and try out new things. (I can tell you are wondering what's the tale for?)




I had been hearing a lot about Pancake Hub and seeing some of their really juicy/tempting meal pictures on Instagram but I just kept scrolling through them. I guess I didn't want to satisfy my curiosity plus we know how most meals tend to be overpriced these days.

Anyways, My friend Alex aka certified foodie suggested we pay a visit to satisfy our curiosity and also check out if the food is actually worth the hype.
It was a good opportunity for me to leave the comfort of my house and spice up my non-existent social life. She tweeted an open invitation and a few more people responded. We all decided to check it out together.



Pancake Hub is located at  17 Jibowu street Yaba, Lagos state. I was so surprised when I found out it was located on the mainland. It felt like I had just discovered a gold mine or better still I had just found water in a desert, one that was going to quench my parched throat.(I'm sure you know what this feels like. If you don't, just pretend you do😉).

On arrival, I felt a bit underwhelmed by the setting. You can't blame me, social media raised my expectation so high. It took a while for me to settle in and slowly I started to enjoy it.
I was quite impressed when I heard the story behind the brand. A business that started with little capital but had managed to bring in a good revenue within a short period of time.

I knew I had expected too much from a start-up but this wasn't just any kind of start-up business. This was different. A typical example of when life gives you lemons and you choose to make lemonades or even something better out of them.

The place had a very informal setting, It lowkey felt like I was hanging with friends in my own house. The customer service was also very impressive which is very rare for most consumer products/services.



I was a bit confused on what flavour of pancakes and toppings to get and Alex helped me make a decision. Their pancakes are really affordable (about six hundred naira- a thousand plus) it depends on what you are getting. If you ask me that's really affordable. They also have other meals too.



It was a lovely experience. I left that place that day feeling so inspired after listening  to the story behind the brand, how the brand had become a success story. I hope I get to share mine soon too.
I have been there a couple more times since my first visit. Majorly because I love a good service and one that's inexpensive too. I also love the ambience which is a really nice setting if you want to chill with friends and have a good time. 



Have you ever been to Pancake Hub?
How was your experience? Pls Share

P.S- Did you check out my birthday post?  If you did, thanks for the lovely birthday messages and congratulatory messages (it was a double celebration). You made my day special. 
If you haven't? What are you waiting for?

 Connect with me via



18 comments on "A BLOGGER TALE|| ON DISCOVERING PANCAKE HUB "
  1. I've also been seeing Pancake Hub on IG too it's on my. List of places to visit in Lagos as well as Cafe Neo. I like startup brands that have great stories, loved the post.
    quirksandoutfits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love a good story then you will really enjoy the conversation with the owner. He is very accommodating and understand the concept of hospitality and good customer care.
      My Style Look Book Series

      Delete
  2. Really good post, now am craving pancakes lol https://meilifisayo.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/beautiful-city-of-bath/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  3. I finally get to see the comment box! I'm always seeing The pancake hub on Instagram especially via Alex's page and I like the way they pleasantly reply to posts. I definitely plan to go there someday and the pictures are super tempting! xx
    Dealing with Change(s)
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Where there is food there's Alex😃😃. That's her second home

      Delete
  4. I was also underwhelmed by the setting when I visited but reading this makes me understand, the meal was lovely. Enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tbh I'd rather make my own pancakes at home and just sit back and relaz my navs. Yet for the sake of supporting a small business I wouldn't mind visiting and trying other stuff on the menu. Alex is indeed a legend, Pancake Hub should make her an ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.My exact thoughts
      We should start an ambassador campaign on her behalf.

      Delete
  6. I feel so out of this world because I can't remember seeing any pancake hub thingy on Instagram...I love your review and I think I need to be friends with alex, so we can be foodie partners

    http://olotufunke.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  7. Never been there but I think a price range of 600-100 is quite affordable, and the pancakes look good too. Sometimes you find the greatest spots in the most unexpected place. Oh and I see you met Tonia too, was it a bloggers meetup? I'm seeing some other familiar faces too.

    Princess Audu


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know the term affordable is relative but I guess this is a good deal too. It wasn't a blogger meet up, more like a couple of friends who wanted to just hang out.

      Delete
  8. I love pancakes. Although i've never been to this Pancake hub, i'll plan to visit soon.
    I must say these pancakes look yum!

    DaFashionFreak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maudleen!
      You should definitely visit.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I keep meaning to check this place out but i never seem to find the time. This is just extra motivation, lol Nice post....xxx

    www.sunlightdreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmn. looks/ sounds good.
    saw a very meehhh review on the place and I guess cos of that, I haven't looked for the place but I guess I will now.

    becomingyeva.com

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion means a lot to me. Don't forget to share your thoughts with me by leaving your comment

Custom Post Signature