Monday, September 26, 2016

STYLE || FRINGE X SLIP DRESS


Hey, guys!!!

How was your weekend? 
Phew, it's another Monday again. Who else feels so unexcited it's a Monday? Monday is definitely not my fav day of the week, thinking about all the things I've to do has got me stressing already.

I may not be particularly excited about the day of the week but I'm so excited to be putting up this post. I'm so sorry for the delay, I know it has been exactly 15 days since my last post. Forgive me? Still working on this consistency thing.
 I sincerely apologise I've been a tad bit busy lately and I've also been dealing with writer's block(Thanks Thonia for the tip)

I couldn't decide if I should put up this post up as a style post or a review post. I finally went with the former, expect a full review post soon.

I was asked to select a few pieces from Meriah Baccci latest collection to style and add my own unique twist to. Who is Meriah Baccci? I know you are wondering, Meriah Baccci is a fast rising female wear designer in Nigeria. She debuted her first collection in early August, 2016. You can check out her page here.

This slip dress with a fringe detail was one of the few pieces I got to pick from her collection. I chose this dress mostly because I love me some slip dress, the fringe detail caught my attention, the fabric is so chic and the colour is well sheer perfection. Pick or Miss?

Slip dresses are so comfortable and easy to wear. I love the playful vibe that comes with the outfit and the numerous ways in which they can be styled. They are also suitable for all body times(figure flattering especially for the ladies with a bit more tummy)
What do you think of slip dresses?

I particularly love the detail on this dress, the fringe detail is everything and the fabric, silk. A lil more fringe on the dress and I'll be feeling like a salsa dancer, lol.

 What do you think of my choker?
I decided to style the dress with this black heeled sandals, I initially wanted  to wear a pair of coloured heels instead but my sister convinced me otherwise. So I opted for an all black outfit look instead. Thoughts?

 I love how the whole look turned out.
What do you think about this look? would you style it differently?

P.S- I'm wearing wig Alex by Alex of nappyhaired.com. You can get a lovely 10% discount off her wig making service by using my code "PRAISEOO7". Don't be greedy with the code, make sure you share it with your friends. Also, Alex has a giveaway on her page and registration for her upcoming wig event is still open. You can check out her page here

P.P.S- I'll be reviewing two brands in my next post. I'm sure you can guess which already.

OUTFIT DETAILS
Dress- Meriah Baccci
Hair- Wigs by Nappyhaired
Shoes- Desire1709fashion
Sunglasses-Dapmod
 Pictures were taken by Alex (Nappyhaired)

OLDER POSTS
- Style Collaboration with Lhurve Davies
Connect with me via






36 comments on "STYLE || FRINGE X SLIP DRESS"
  1. Your choker game is always on point. I like this dress on you, it's all slinky and sexy, I've never seen you wear something like this. It's different and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. I'm actually stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new things.

      Delete
  2. Ayyee, you slayed this look from your hair to your shoes. I love it baby girl.

    My Vogue Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayyee, you slayed this look from your hair to your shoes. I love it baby girl.

    My Vogue Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fringe is a Y-E-S! on you. You totally nailed this look. Glad you went with the black heels instead.

    Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha,get ready for more fringe outfit on the blog dear. Thanks dear😚. I'm glad I listened to my sis and went with the black shoes instead.

      Delete
  5. Baby girl! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 what more can I say, see I can't even type
    Just 🔥🔥🔥🔥


    https://funkeolotu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Thanks dear😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😚😙😙😙

      Delete
  6. You look fab,I love your choker a lot..and I've got to get a shift dress too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Funke! You look fab. The first word that popped into my head when I saw the first picture is Hot. I love love that choker.
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laitan, I'm so glad I received all this positive feedback from this look. I was a bit skeptical about the outfit but I'm glad I chose this one. Thanks darling 😚😚😚

      Delete
  8. I think its more of a slip dress than a shift dress,I love the fringe detail, love love love that choker. All black is always a good idea.
    www.tonyeigbani.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonye. I'm so glad you pointed that out, I'll edit the post now. Thanks again dear

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Kachee. Lol, you need to give yourself more credit. I'm so sure you will nail the look.

      Delete
  10. This is so nice , Black is everything 😍❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomewah, yeah I agree with you.
      Thanks for stopping by my blog. Pls come back again soon

      Delete
  11. I was literally thinking to myself bout how i need a slip dress and here you are giving me another reason lol, love the fringe detail and the scarf/tie piece you are holding. You look amazing
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sogie😙😙 I'm sure this is a sign from God, don't ignore it anymore. Go and get one dear

      Delete
  12. Nice look. i like the fringe, and you shoes are amazing!!
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl you look so good in this outfit!! Just easy with the slay biko. I'm not even sure I can pull off a slip dress o. I'm glad you paired it with Black heels also. Nice post

    thoniabankz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. My partner in slay. I'm sure you will pull the look off.

      Delete
  14. Finally I get to comment after searching endlessly. Baby girl I love that fringe outfit on you. You rocked it buddy www.adagirl.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the monochromatic look, and the fringe detail is just everything!

    https://lydiaschronicle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit, yes to fringe !

    www.desireeiyama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desirèe. I'm glad you love it & thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  17. Lovely look. I like that you went with an all black look. Alex is a really good photographer o. ❤❤

    Mira La Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, thank God I listened to my sister's advice.
      Ikr, she takes the best pictures and she is super patient too.

      Delete
  18. Lovely look, black is forever bae! www.stylebyama.com

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion means a lot to me. Don't forget to share your thoughts with me by leaving your comment

Custom Post Signature