Monday, April 04, 2016

MEET- THE UNORTHODOX FASHIONISTA








Hello, Lovelies!!!! 

Welcome to my blog.

How was your weekend? I hope you had a lovely weekend, Mine was alright.
This is my first post on the blog. I'm so happy to be finally posting something here.

This post is long overdue, setting up my blog took a longer time than I had anticipated. Also, I must confess, I have been feeling really weird lately and questioning everything those of you that know me personally know that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I tend to overthink everything. (Who else can relate?)


As a newbie in the blogosphere, I figured my first post should be a brief introduction about myself.

Do feel free to ask me any questions in the comment section.

Let's get started.
  
My name is Abu, Praise Ilamosi. I'm proudly Nigerian. I grew up mixed. My dad is from Edo state while my mum is Igbo. I was opportune to be exposed to both cultures and the rich heritage of both tribes. Sadly, I can't speak any of the languages but I do understand.

I recently graduated from the University of First choice, the University of Lagos aka Unilag. I'm currently awaiting Nysc since it's a prerequisite for every Nigerian graduate before rushing into the labour market.

  • Why I chose to start a blog?

Ermm, I really don't know how to answer this question without making it sound so cliché but
growing up I used to keep a diary where I would just record every thought or idea that popped into my mind.

I mostly wrote about my personal feelings, short stories and poems. Over the years, my writings reduced because everyone kept complaining that I was too withdrawn to myself (I was the
kid that everyone assumed was quiet).

Subsequently, I started talking (I finally had a voice and I wanted everyone to listen *lol*). These days my family and friends complain that I talk too much so I decided to create a platform where others can enjoy my creative blattering.

Also, a few of my close friends advised me to start a blog, I guess I finally decided to take their advice.



Casual Friday look 

  • Why style blogging?
Life is an irony indeed. Growing up I was the girl that loved a particular dress and would wear that dress for every occasion. (I'm sure most of us can totally relate).

I had the whole tomboy vibe back then. I never really cared much about fashion or anything related. My sisters would tease me about it. Thank God,  it didn't discourage them from buying me nice clothes and shoes. I was a handful back then *sighs*

Fast forward to some years later. I started combining my outfit unconsciously unaware that I was doing a great job and it would look really nice. I got so many compliments.

I'm pretty sure now that this and some other reasons encouraged me to start paying attention to fashion. Bottom line, I'm just a simple girl with a passion for fashion and I intend to pursue a career in the fashion industry in the nearest future.

Right now I'm just a girl in love with fashion, on a path to achieving one of my many dreams and currently discovering and creating my own style, so enjoy the journey with me*inserts big wink emoji*.

Check out my about me page and tell me what you think.




Casual Friday look 

  • Describe my style
My style is very simple, laid back and comfy. I pick comfort every time and I always try to be unique. Personally, I believe fashion is about making a statement and every detail counts. Therefore, I suggest you try as much as possible to reflect your personality in every outfit.

I like to experiment a lot. I'm not a risk taker but I enjoy trying new things.


What's your style? Can you describe your style in 3 words? 
You can share in the comment section. I'm looking forward to reading your various descriptions.





Casual Friday look 


  • Description of my blog
My blog is a Personal style blog. It would feature style posts, style-spiration (inspiration), reviews on products and brands, DIY (do it yourself) projects, a list of my favourite items, Style crush, fashion and style tips and advice, guest blog posts, latest style trends, personal stories and loads more.




Casual Friday look 


Outfit details
Dress- Ankara dress (Jumping horse design)
Shoe- Asos rubber jelly sandals
Accessories- David Jones backpack (Brown),
wide black  Fedora hat, Clear eye sunnies and Reflector sunglasses.

What do you think about my first post?
What do you think about my look? Would you wear the same outfit or something similar? 
How would you choose to style yours?


Share your thoughts with me in the comment section. Feel free to ask any relevant questions in the comment section. Looking forward to reading your replies.


Special thanks to my fellow bloggers for all their support and encouragement and my lovely friends and family.

  Let's Connect

INSTAGRAM//FACEBOOK//TWITTER//BLOGLOVIN


37 comments on "MEET- THE UNORTHODOX FASHIONISTA"
  1. Niceeee....great first post. You have a lot of work to do but good start. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to read my post and i appreciate your thought.I intend to work on it .I'm open to any advice or tips that you would like to share with me.I'll keep posting and pls keep reading😉

      Delete
  2. Hey girl so proud of you the best about it is you are comfortable , honest and open that's because I know you expecting more .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely write up. Cant wait for you to rock #TheFunkyLadyCollection new styles on your blog #FollowingClosely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear😙.I'm looking forward to rocking one of your lovely pieces too and also reviewing your collection😉

      Delete
    2. Lovely Outfit!
      I have a similar bagpack,same color��.
      Looking forward to your posts.

      Delete
  4. Lovely first post, you are doing great dear keep it up����

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and welcome to the Blogsphere!
    www.moonwalkertalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww this is so lovely, beautiful and interesting. Keep it up girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear.I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  7. This is really nice praise . keep it up����

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice piece....keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks😊 I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  9. I'm looking forward to more posts... Nice work Ilamosi��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Love the outfit and your thoughts.

    I used to have that tomboy vibe back then but that didn't discourage my mum and aunt either!

    You just made me realize one of the reasons I like blogging... It's like the diary I was never really good at keeping! (lack of consistency and all that)

    Looking forward to your future posts!

    Mira La Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.Thanks for your support and advice.I look forward to working on a post with you soon.

      Delete
  11. Congrats...just wanna know if it's strictly girly stuffs, we guys love looking good too *winks*. any plans for the male folks???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear,I will try as much as possible to do something for the guys too😉For now guys can learn one or two things about the female fashion

      Delete
  12. Hey dear finally got the chance to comment. You really put a lot into this I wonder how long it took you to type and edit because I found just one error and It's not even a big deal. I guess most bloggers have the whole cliché DIARY thing,I for one can count the number of books I've turned into diaries and journals. Ok I'm digressing looking forward to your future posts and please come and loan me the tan satchel *������*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love girlfriend.I am sorry about the issue with my comment section.You can borrow the tan satchel😉

      Delete
  13. Well done dear�������������������� Great post really nice. Anticipating
    .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely dress, nice combination. Write up good but there's more room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My tomboy vibe was strong then, but my brothers wiped it outta me,I still have it tho, it's going no where. I am looking forward to your future posts because you have been slaying on IG.. good luck, am sure you will not disappoint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol,I can still see it.Thanks love I promise not to disappoint😚

      Delete
  16. This is really nice and encouraging dear...keep it up darling�

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting introduction!
    I have never described my style before, but here goes... urban, relaxed and debonair.

    https://lifestyleoforeoluwa.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion means a lot to me. Don't forget to share your thoughts with me by leaving your comment

Custom Post Signature